Religious Education Coordinator:
Mrs. Anne M. Booth
Education Registration Form
2016-2017 Religious Education Class Schedule
2016-2017 Confirmation Class Information
Since the Eucharist is the "source and summit" of the Christian life, we recognize it as the heart of
the Christian life for the whole Church. Regular participation in parish life and worship is the most important aspect
of our Religious Education Program. Without regular attendance at Mass, your child will not understand their religious education.
The purpose of our Religious Education Program is to help our people to understand:
- The Eucharist is the mystery in which Christ’s sacrifice on the cross is perpetuated.
- The Eucharist is the Body and Blood of Christ; his real presence.
- The reception of the Body and Blood of Christ signifies and affects communion with the
most Holy Trinity, forgives venial sins and through the grace of the Holy Spirit, and helps us to avoid mortal sin.
- The meaning of the ritual, symbols, and parts of the Mass.
- That Christ is also present in his Word, in the body of the faithful gathered in his name,
in the person of the priest, and in the Bread and Wine.
- That the Jewish roots of the Last Supper are a renewal of God’s covenant with his people in the blood
of His beloved Son.
- The Mass is the new covenant - a covenant between God and us.
- We will teach that the Eucharist is the preeminent sign of the unity of the Church.